Technology's Impact

 

TECHNOLOGY AND I

    I believe like anyone, I have a love-hate relationship with technology. I hate all the ways it sometimes takes over society, the way it can be more complicated than necessary, as well as how there seems to be quicker advancements for personal technology rather than professional technology. (Do we really need our phones to be mini computers or should there be better focus and efforts on medical and agricultural technological devices?) Despite that, there are some great things I enjoy about technology. I love the convenience of it, how the immortalizing features of it, and especially how it enables me to connect with anyone and everyone. 

    It important to note that technology comes in all shapes and sizes. It can be physical objects such as a camera or a computer or it can be digital like a social media platform, application, messaging software and more. The technology I have the strongest relationship with is Canva. 

CANVA 101


    Canva is a wonderful and incredible design tool that can be accessed via its website or app. I use both of its formats but mainly utilize its website because it is easier to design things on a computer than it is on my phone. You can design a variety of things with its features: documents, presentations, flyers, social media posts, and even print products! I love getting to create social media posts for personal use and slides for work. Here are some examples of content I have created for work with Canva:


Image Sources: Personal Photos

    And here are some things I have created for personal use such as a social media post or a presentation for a class:

Media Sources: Personal Media

    There are also other great features such as saving designs, exporting them as various formats and more. I personally keep a folder for my work designs and a separate folder for my personal designs. Within my work folder, I break it down further by have a folder for each month. This helps to ensure things are easy to find (and more importantly sane!) I create a lot of infographics that are date and month specific so it is impertinent that I keep information up-to-date routinely. Another fantastic feature of Canva is the thousands of different and creative templates it has, you can even resize them. For example, say I liked a template that was created as an instagram poster but wanted it a 8x11.5 paper size. Canva can resize the design for you with a click of a button!

THE IMPACT

    Canva has greatly impacted my success personally, educationally, and professionally. It has enabled me to effectively use my creativity across different facets of my life. The design tool allows users to create what they need. Whether it is something from scratch entirely. with the help of a template, or a hybrid between the two. It allows for creativity and art design beyond traditional print. The design tool has enabled me to add more life to the information I present and display to the public both professionally. academically. and personally. In the future, I would like to show others the possibilities there are with Canva through presentations and programs at work. I hope that by doing so I can encourage others to comfortably explore the design tool to create their own needs like a flyer for a blood drive, a resume, a presentation for class- the possibilities are endless. 

Comments

Popular Posts